Sunday, January 21, 2018

portrait in progress... or finished portrait.

16x20"original watercolour painting

Well, at our Sunday portrait session at the Don Valley Art Club, a fellow artist wore this lovely scarf over her head. I intended to paint it however, since each sitting is only 25 minutes, I didn't get to it in time. Now I'm not sure if I should paint it. I love the painting as it is. Then again, the scarf was quite beautiful and I have a photo to work. But, it's never the same as from life. Hmmm. Thoughts?
; )

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nora,
    I do love it as it is. The suggestion of the scarf leads me to look at the beautiful rendering of her face, in the actual rendering, colors, lines, etc., but also in the character and spiritual quality that I see in this woman.
    PS I have 3 of your small drawings together on a wall, and a 4th on another wall. Toronto scenes, all, 3 winter scenes. I still love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rita!! I'm happy that you are still enjoying the paintings! Happy Painting to you. Your work is wonderful.
      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment Hilda. I don't see it here??? But I did get the email for it. Thanks for taking the time to write. Not sure what went wrong. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norah - I love the painting as is because to me it has a spiritual feeling...her expression is ...well...quite nun like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. She is now framed and off to a life drawing show! Happy Painting to you.

      Delete