Tuesday, March 21, 2017

sketchbook





Here are a few pages from my March sketchbook. 
I use 6B pencil or .07mm mechanical pencil, depending on my mood that day. Except for the last page, I drew the portraits from life. 
I used to draw everything on newsprint, because the inexpensive paper kept my drawings loose. But now I've got random saved pieces of newsprint kicking about... 
As of March, I decided to keep a sketchbook. It seems to be forcing me to take more care with my drawings, which is great. I do believe that it's all about the drawing. And, being tight and specific in sketchbooks is helping me draw confidently and loosely when approaching watercolour paper. : )

7 comments:

  1. Nora, your talent is wonderful! I love your sketches and I like what you said about tighter drawings in the sketchbook and looseness in the watercolors. I noticed it myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Although, sometimes it's frustrating having a good drawing on paper that isn't watercolour paper. If I can't add beautiful washes, then I get disheartened. But still, the most important thing is to draw draw draw! It's a tough dichotomy...

      Delete
  2. Those are excellent drawings. Thanks for sharing those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your drawings are always so wonderful !!!
    Wish you beautiful springtime my friend !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful drawings - just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete