Monday, July 08, 2019

Prismacolor Coloured Pencils

Some fellow artist and I from, the Toronto Plein-Air Group, met at the awesome Riverdale Farm to do some sketching. In order to take colour out of the equation and get back to basics, I decided to draw with Prismacolor Coloured Pencils on newsprint. 
 I used Sepia because it's a nice warm brown (although it's a bit hard to tell with my location photos). Newsprint is equally good and bad. It's soft so it's lovely to draw on. It 'takes' so many drawing media, like pencil, coloured pencil and charcoal, so nicely. But, it yellows over time since it isn't acid-free. Very  frustrating! So, I'm on the search for a paper than is smooth like newsprint and allows erasing as easily. I guess I'll have to go back to my favourite place... the art store. ; )
 Here's a detail. 
So great to be back out there plein-air drawing. I've only been twice this summer. That'll have to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment