Tuesday, May 26, 2020

myPAOTW - Will Young

8x8" original oil painting on panel.
Here's my oil painting of Will Young for this week's Portrait Artist of the Week Challenge. It was just awesome painting along with the SkyTV live stream. Artist Christian Hook was this week's painter and the conversation between these two was riveting - and funny. 
It was the first time I painted a portrait from the computer screen, as the subject talked (and moved a bit). 'Getting to know' Will, as he spoke about his life, must have influenced my painting of him - certainly different than painting from a photo. I did not use Christian's technique, I painted as I do, but watching his piece progress was very educational. 
The live weekly challenge is on the SkyTV facebook page every Sunday morning. Then it replays all week. Cheers.: )

No comments:

Post a Comment